Tuesday, June 11, 2013

"The Changelings" by Elle Casey (War of the Fae #1)


"WAR OF THE FAE is a 4-book, YA Contemporary Fantasy series, written for older teens and adults.

Jayne Sparks, a potty-mouthed, rebellious seventeen-year-old and her best friend, shy and bookish Tony Green, have a pretty typical high school existence, until several seemingly unrelated incidents converge, causing a cascade of events that change their lives forever. Jayne and Tony, together with a group of runaway teens, are hijacked and sent into a forest, where nothing and no one are as they seem. Who will emerge triumphant? And what will they be when they do?

**No sex or drugs. Yes, contains some violence and foul language - some might say excessive foul language. Not meant for middle-grade readers (less than 15 years of age).**"

---

The Changelings by Elle Casey
Completed: 11.06.2013

I must say that I was rather taken aback by how slow this book started off, but once things picked up - they REALLY picked up, and I was never left without action.

Jane is a character and a half, the blurb really doesn't hold back on how potty-mouthed she is, but I found myself falling more and more in love with her character - there were times that I would grin like crazy at my kindle, and there were others that I would end up fully laughing til my eyes teared up. 

I loved how she didn't learn who or what she was instantaneously, unlike most books that i've read... The character barely develops then, BAM! - they're telling you who and what he/she is and the "destiny" they're bound for. This book definitely kept me wanting to continue reading on just to figure out what happens next! And of course, the infamous cliffhanger ending left me like... WHUUUUUT?! No way in hell am I going to take that as the end of the book, so obviously I had to pick up the next book in the series, like... PRONTO!

Four stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com