Wednesday, March 18, 2015

"Safe at Home" by Christina Kirby (The Warm Springs Trilogy Book #1)


"Driven by fear and desperate to protect her family, Samantha is forced to leave Chicago and everything she’s worked to achieve, only to start over by tossing a dart-at-the-map. The Georgia townsfolk’s true Southern charm is the unexpected prescription needed to heal her soul, and the sexy carpenter who touches her heart are distractions she didn’t plan on, but they might offer her a chance at a new life, if she can let go of her past. 

Town heartbreaker, Spencer Malloy, isn’t looking for anything serious. His days are perfect working as a contractor, attending his nephew’s baseball games or taking him fishing. He never expects to fall for the big city girl, Samantha. She’s not his type, timid and closed off, but in her unguarded moments, he’s intrigued by the woman he can’t get out of his mind. The urge to get closer to her grows stronger each day, and when the shadow of evil resurfaces, he vows to protect Samantha, even if it means abandoning his home and joining her on the run. 

When confronted by the man who’s bent on revenge, Samantha must choose between running again to save the people she loves, or if she has the strength, to stay and fight for her new life."

---


Safe at Home by Christina Kirby
Completed: 03.03.2015

This is the first book I have ever read by Christina Kirby, and I must say, I am so glad I got myself a copy of Safe at Home. This book follows Samantha, who finds herself in danger from a psychopath (no, really. He's a frickin psycho!), and in order to keep those she loves safe she leaves her hometown and starts a new chapter in a completely new town, where she can hide herself. Enter bad boy, Spencer Malloy, this guy had me swooning throughout the whole book. I couldn't even think of anything else but the electric connection between Samantha and Spencer.

The book was written beautifully from the descriptions to the interactions between all characters in the book. I don't think I've ever had as many emotions as I did reading Safe at Home... So much feels, bad and good, EVERYWHERE. I thought the book would have been one of those easy going romance reads, however - I found myself stuck in the middle of a freaking thriller. I always wanted to know what happens next, I like the element of a psychopath as well, not because I like psychopaths, it's just that it adds so much more flavour to the book, and is essentially what set it apart from all the other books I've read recently!

I am so satisfied with this read, and can't wait for the next book in the Trilogy!!

FOUR STARS!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com