Monday, February 2, 2015

"TAG" by Shari J. Ryan



"What if your family had a big secret . . . a life changing secret. My dad, the bigwig CIA agent, was always on the run, whether he was being chased or doing the chasing. I missed him. Then my mom passed away, and my sister was murdered. I turned my solitude to strength because the alternative was too bleak.

But my luck seemed to turn: I met Tango. And while I want him more than I’ve ever wanted anything in my twenty-two years, danger lurks around every corner and I simply can’t take the chance of it finding me. But his tattoos, his smell, his darkness, and his body— that marine has taken over my every thought. But, what if he too isn’t what I think? A ticking time bomb isn’t going to leave me much time to waver. Even the bravest person can be in need of a miracle.

Before she was gone, my mom warned me to know everyone and trust no one. But what was I supposed to do when I found out I am the one not to be trusted? Turns out, I was always the bait in this conspiracy.

In author Shari J. Ryan’s gripping novel, TAG, the canyons hold secrets, the waterfalls provide safety, and romance has a pesky way of showing up when you are sweaty and dirty and least expect it."

---


TAG by Shari J. Ryan
Completed: 02.02.2015



"Know everyone... Trust no one."

When I first started reading this book I didn't really know what to expect from it, the genre itself was way out of my normal reading zone but I was not disappointed at all! That prologue. Holy wow, from the moment I finished reading it I found myself wanting to know more.

So let me see, I'm going to try and write this review without spoiling the book for you.

Cali isn't your average run of the mill kinda girl. She's got spunk, a sick sense of humour, and a whole lot of badass-ness! She's been through some pretty tough crap in her life, and is now, in her own way, trying to pick up the broken pieces. 

Cue Tango, the amazingly sexy bodyguard, who has some secrets of his own. I loved how Shari J. Ryan managed to create a manly aura about him, however as the book progresses you kinda get to see a completely different side of him. I was pretty much swooning over him from about 25% into the book. :D

TAG is basically the story of two broken people trying to find their way through the toughest of times. As fate has it, they land in each other's paths. Both seemingly unsure about whether to trust each other, or not. There was a lot of character building throughout the book, whenever you think you know it all, well, just stop. Because there's MORE for you to know. There is a plot twist, that made my stomach churn. There is an amazing love connection between the two main characters, but it doesn't overrun the entire story. Which is probably what I loved most about this book, it wasn't just 'oh he loves me.' or 'no, I don't know if I love her".

It was such a refreshing read, I would definitely recommend this book for anybody who loves a heap of badass, or anybody who's just looking for something different to read.

Four big fat stars!

An excellent stand alone novel, the only reason I didn't give it five stars was because I found the later part of the book lacking in certain areas. HOWEVER, I will be here anxiously awaiting the arrival of Red Nights by Shari J. Ryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com